Wednesday, May 11, 2016

AlexPutneyDay3 5/10

 Tuesday started with a class called American studies. It was like any English class. After class was over we had muffins as snacks, which is great because I was hungry after an hour of having breakfast.  The interesting part was that we had over 2 hours to do what we pleased. Many of the students, however, use this time to catch up on homework or meet with teachers. It is different from my school in which we go to 3 straight classes and then lunch or group.

After classes were over, we had lunch. The students here, that play soccer, usually play soccer during lunch for about 45 minutes since lunch is about an hour. It is really fun to play soccer here. The students don't take the game serious enough to have get into aggressive arguments like in my school sometimes. A lot of the students don't know how to play soccer but they still do anyways, and it goes to show just how much the school is connected. They don't judge each other. After lunch I had sculpture class. For class, we went on a field trip about 5 ,I tunes away from the school. We have saw about 5 10 feet horses made out of metal. 1 of the horses was a baby. It was really amazing seeing the artwork. It must have taken time for the sculpture to have done the work.

After classes were finally over, I had an activity called frisbee. I have never played frisbee seriously before. I thought it was just for fun but it's an actually sport. The students here play in a league. I, for one, did horrible. I have never thrown a frisbee before the activity. It was interesting to see how they play frisbee. But the team looks very unorganized. It's run more by the students them the actual coach. The coach left about 1 into pratice. The captain ran practically the whole session. Kids left when they felt like it. I was surprised. But the school isn't very athletic. They focus more on education than actual sports.

1 comment:

  1. Alex,
    I'm enjoying your posts.
    Can you give us some pics, too?

    ReplyDelete