Monday, May 9, 2016

AlexPutneyDay 1

              My first thought about Putney was that it was a typical regular high school filled with a bunch of white people. When I arrived here, I was actually stupefied. I felt like I was in a different world. I was completely wrong. Putney is a very small town in Vermont. The school itself has about 200 students. I thought students dress "normal" here. I was completely wrong about that. The students here do what they please and practically wear what they please. The campus is different. I pictured it being a big building with many rooms. At the Putney School it's completely different. The buildings are all over the place and they don't look like actually classrooms but rather like rooms.


               The students are filled with confidence. It's like they don't judge each other. Being here has a different vibe. Something unusual here is that people walk around barefoot. I thought it was joke when someone told me about it, until I actually saw it. I was supified. To me, it's "abnormal," but here, it's normal. my first day went well, I met many new people. They're all very friendly. I thought I would be sitting by myself at the table during dinner but it's not like that at all. They would call me over to sit with them. I can't wait to see what the days will bring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment