Sunday, May 22, 2016

AlexPutneyDay14 5/21

Today is my last "official" day here at Putney. I had so many wonderful experiences that I don't even know where to begin! Being here has really had an impact on me. I'm going to miss many of the people here. I first thought that the students here would be judgmental or something along those lines. But here, it's the complet opposite. The people here are very open to meeting you. They aren't shy to have a conversation with you. My first day here was Sunday May 8th and I made 2 friends that day. Jeff and Eddy. They are real fun to hang around with. Eddy believes I'm coming here next year. He thinks that  was serious when I told him I'm coming next year. His heart will broken when he finds out that's not true! My first Monday here was bummy. Throughout my classes I was shy to talk or say anything. In some of the classes I knew the right answer but would not say anything because I was shy. After classes I would just be in my room by myself since I really didn't know anyone besides Eddy and Jeff. I kept lasting myself what am I doing here. I kept saying I don't belong here. It took some time to adjust to the life here and I wish I done that earlier. Now I'm going to miss this place a lot. Looking back I see how much I've grown into the community. I meet a lot of people here and it's going to feel weird when I go back home.

I'm going to miss the pick games we had everyday after lunch and dinner. I'm going to miss working in the barn or just walking around the large campus Putney has. I'm going to miss the beautiful scenes  Putney offers. The students. The vibe. The busy schedule.Practically everything. I've learned so much about myself throughout the 2 weeks I've been here. I never thought that this place would be for me. Time flew by extremely fast. I'm sad that I couldn't be here longer. I thought I would never say that the first few days I was here but now I am. This place is really special. It's unlike any other school I seen or heard about. It's so unique.

Social Dance was fun. At the beginning, Manny, Eddy, Jeff, and me were like what are we doing here. After a while the "do" was putting music we liked and hoped into the tent to dance. We were dancing and signing a lot. I was pretty surprised to see that nobody cared about how one danced. Some kids didn't know how to dance or were really off beat but still seemed to have fun. No don't seemed to laugh at them which was pretty cool. After the social dance I played FIFA with Jeff. My Saturday wasn't bad. It was entertaining. I was playing cards against humanities before the social dance with 5 other students. It was okay but it got boring after a while.

My last day was fun. I'm really going to miss the place. I'll think about many of the experiences I had here and will cherish them. I'm glad I came to Putney. It was a wonderful experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment